Welcome to Keystone Trails Association, the statewide voice of Pennsylvania’s hikers!
OUR MISSION: To provide, preserve, protect and promote recreational hiking trails and hiking opportunities in Pennsylvania.
REGISTER FOR A HIKING EVENT WITH US:
July 29-31: Prowl the Sproul Hiking Weekend
(our 13th year! The Hike Schedule is posted!)
September 10: KTA Trail Challenge (50k or 25k)
(formerly the Susquehanna Super Hike and Ultra Trail Run)
September 23-25: NEW! Quehanna Elk Quest Hiking Weekend
Plan to hike 100 miles this summer? Try Our 100-Mile Trail Challenge
Kids Trail Ambassador Program
What is a KTA Hiking Weekend?
Photo by Curt Weinhold
- We support measures that protect our hiking trails.
- We oppose illegal ATV encroachment on public lands.
- We oppose Sunday hunting.
- We train and support volunteers to work with land owners and land managers to secure more permanent access to hiking trails.
- Each year we organize a minimum of nine trail care weekends, four week-long trail crews and three Code Orange one day events to build and maintain hiking trails in Pennsylvania.
- Our Trail Care and Trail Crew volunteers contribute 3000 – 4000 hours of trail labor annually.
- We provide training workshops on chainsaw safety, trail erosion control, rock work and wilderness first aid.
Local Club Trail Support
- Our member clubs contribute another 20,000 - 30,000 hours of volunteer labor building and maintaining trails.
- KTA provides grants to local clubs to fund the purchase of tools, equipment and materials.
Promotion of Hiking Trails and Hiking Opportunities
- With DCNR, we co-sponsor Pennsylvania Hiking Week
- We organize the Prowl the Sproul hiking weekend and full hiking programs at our spring and fall meetings.
- We publish Pennsylvania Hiking Trails, the PA Appalachian Trail Guide, and other maps and guides
To learn more about upcoming events, see our most recent advocacy alerts, and share your photographs, hiking stories, trail news, and more with other Pennsylvania hikers, meet us on Meetup, find KTA on Google+ and "LIKE" Keystone Trails Association on Facebook! For more information, call us at 717-766-9690 or email us today!
More Ways to Help Pennsylvania's Hiking Trails: