Since 1956, the Keystone Trails Association has worked to protect hiking trails in Pennsylvania. We serve as the voice of the Pennsylvania hiking community and are your advocate in the state capitol. The Keystone Trails Association is the only statewide nonprofit organization working every day to protect Pennsylvania’s hiking trails.
Many of Pennsylvania’s trails are threatened by environmental issues, development pressure and government cutbacks. We need your help to ensure our trails are protected for future generations of hikers. Making your voice heard makes a difference and helps Pennsylvania to be an even better place to hike.
Contact legislator info here: http://bit.ly/findPAleg.
Stand up for trail protection by writing a letter, meeting an elected official or attending a public meeting.
Low-fly Military Operations Area (MOA) for the PA Wilds
ATVs on PA's Public Lands
House Bill 598
(Limits prescriptive easements)
House Bill 1694
(Reduces volunteer liability)
When the hiking community speaks with a unified voice to elected officials and the local media, decision makers will listen. Here is what you can do to influence the decision makers and ensure trail protection is a top priority.
- June 27, 2016: Action Alert: Do Our Parks Need To Be Improved?
- April 28, 2016: Talen Energy Closing Land - Including Trails
- May 18, 2016: Action Alert: Contact Your Senator Before the Hearing on Sunday Hunting - KTA Invited to Give Testimony May 18
- February 1, 2016: Action Alert: Sunday Hunting is Likely to See a Vote! Add Your Voice
- December 16, 2015: Reject Efforts to Block Clean Water Protections!
- January 15, 2015: Action Alert Update: Pennsylvania Game Commission Proposes Hiker Ban and Permits
- January 13, 2015: Action Alert: Pennsylvania Game Commission Proposes Hiker Permits on State Game Lands